- Entry to college premises, lectures, practicals, College functions or access to the library, college office, laboratories, canteen is strictly through a valid identity card for the academic year of Rizvi college which must be worn throughout the sta y in the college premises.
- Each student admitted to the college is expected to behave inside and outside the college in an orderly and disciplined manner and to have regard for the staff and the good name of the college.
- Loitering in the corridors, while lectures are in progress is strictly prohibited.
- Smoking, chewing of tobacco, paan and spitting is strictly prohibited in the college premises and in college gatherings. The above offence is punishable under the Mumbai Police Act.
- Students must read and follow the general and classified notices displayed on the notice boards from time to time. Ignorance of any information put up on the notice boards will not be accepted.
- Students are not allowed to form any society, make collections or and sell tickets, hold meetings, invite any person to address meetings and go on excursions, or picnics without the permission of the Principal.
- All Associations and Committees constituted by the Principal to conduct various student activities, should not hold meetings or publish papers without the prior approval of the Principal.
- Student are expected to take proper care of the college property and help in keeping the premises neat and tidy. Damaging the property of the college by disfiguring walls, doors, fittings or breaking furniture etc. is a breach of discipline and the guilty will be duly punished.
- Students should not communicate any information to the press without the written permission of the Principal.
- Student s applying for certificates, testimonials, concession forms etc. and those requiring the Principal's signature on any kind of document or application, should first contact the office at least two days in advance. No papers should be brought by any student directly to the Principal for signature.
- Matters not covered above, will be at the discretion of the Principal.
Use of Mobile phones , Walkman and i-pod are strictly prohibited in the classroom and the college premises. If found the same will be confisticated.
An Act to prohibit ragging in educational institutions in the State of Maharashtra.
Prohibition of ragging
Ragging within or outside of any institution is prohibited.
Penalty for ragging
Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in, abets or propagates ragging within or outside any education institution shall, on conviction, be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
Dismissal of student
Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution for a period of five years from the date of order of such dismissal.
Suspension of student
- Whenever any student or, as the case may be, the parent or guardian, or a teacher of an educational institution complains, in writing, of ragging to the head of the educational institution, the head of that educational institution shall, without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, within seven days of the receipt of the complaint, enquire into the matter mentioned in the complaint and if; prima facie, it is found true, suspend the student who is accused of the offence, ad shall, immediately forward the complaint to the police station having jurisdiction over the area in which the educational institution is situated, for flirter action.
- Where, on enquiry by the head of the educational institution, it is proved that there is no substance, prima facie, in the complaint received under sub-section (1), he shall intimate the fact, in writing, to the complaint.
- The decision of the head of the educational institution that the student has indulged in ragging under sub-section (1), shall be final.