The journey to RDC started from Mumbai, continued in Pune & ended up in Delhi.
1. In Mumbai among 9 college NCC groups, Cadet Abrez Khan got selected. He further participated in camps at ASC (Thane) and EMC Area (Colaba). There were about 180 cadets out of which 28 cadets from Mumbai got selected for “IGC-Pune”(Inter Group Camp).
2. IGC conducts 4 camp that is CAT-1,CAT-2,CAT-3 &CAT-4. Cadet Abrez Khan’s events were Drill, GOH & Flag Area. In Pune the 7 NCC groups from all over Maharashtra got merged and a Contingent was formed of about 172 cadets. At the end of CAT-4, 57 cadets were finally confirmed and got Maharashtra Contingent RDC-2022. Cadet Abrez Khan got the feeling “Ab Delhi Durr Nahi”.
3. Cadet Abrez Khan reached Delhi , via. flight on 18 December 2021. Director General NCC had a distinctive view with different blocks for all 17 directorates. After his quarantine period ended, his drill practice started at Cariappa Parade Ground for 26 January (Rajpath) the main day and for PM’S Rally.
4. All India NCC Contingent (SD/SW) walked on Rajpath on 26th January 2022. The 17 NCC Directorates compete with each other in all events and winner Directorate is finally announced after the over all performances. After 7 years, this year i.e. 2022 the Maharashtra Directorate Won the RDC Banner. History was created by the Maharashtra Directorate.
5. On 30th January 2022 he returned to Mumbai at Hotel Fariya’s, with a grand gesture. On 30 January itself, the NCC Cadets were invited by The ADG of Maharashtra who had organised a grand welcome party for the Maharashtra Directorate.
On 31st January 2022 the Cadets visited the residence of Shri. Sunil Chhattrapal Kedar, Sports Minister of Maharashtra. On the same evening they were invited by the GOC. LT.GEN. H.S. Kahlon at M.G. & G Area (Colaba). On 01st February 2022 the Cadets visited the Chief Minister’s House, there they met the Chief Minister , the Deputy CM, Cabinet Minister & Sports Minister.
On 02nd February 2022 the Cadets were invited by The FOC-in CWNC Vice Admiral Ajendra Bahadur Singh (PVSM,AVSM,VSM,DC) at the Navy House.
On 3rd February 2022 the Cadets visited the Governor’s House at Raj Bhavan, Mumbai. The same day evening the Cadets returned back to Pune for last celebration of RDC.
So finally the journey to The RDC ends here with heart-warming farewell, loads of memories and with lots of life learning lessons……