The department of IQAC has organised a Faculty development programme (FDP) on "Use of various technology tools and technology for handling new curriculum" addressed by Mr Mandar Bhanushe, Assitant Professor cum Assitant Director, IDOL, University of Mumbai on 2nd July 2016 in Seminar room. About 30 faculties attended the program.
The department of IQAC has organised a Faculty development programme (FDP) on "Use of Online Resources for teaching learning development and use" addressed by Mr Santosh C Hulagabali, Librarian, Nagindas Khandwala College, Mumbai on 14th July 2016 in Seminar room. About 30 faculties attended the program.
The department of IQAC has organised a two day Faculty development programme (FDP) on " Internal Auditors Training Program" addressed by Mr Madhav Dewoolkaris, Senior Quality Auditor registered with UK based IRCA for ISO and TQM, GMP, HACCP, PPE, BRC and EMS & Mrs. Aparna Thakkar an expert from the field of Environment, Laboratory and Quality Assessment related services on 9th and 23rd July 2016 in Seminar room. 27 teaching and non teaching staff attended the internal auditors training program and about 15 staff successfully passed the internal auditors training program and are now certified auditors as per ISO 9001:2008 standard.
The department of IQAC has organised an orientation programme on " Recent Changes in NAAC " addressed by Mr. Waheedul Hasan, Publishing Department NAAC, Bangalore on 13th October 2016 at 11.30 am in Seminar room.
Dr (Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad,
Vice-Principal, Coordinator IQAC
The IQAC cell of Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce is a very active cell. The main purpose of the cell is to assure quality in higher education. In order to achieve its purpose the cell keeps on organising many activities through the year. Some of the major initiatives take by IQAC in the year 2013-16 are as follows:-
1. Talk by an Expert:- Organised talk by an expert Dr. Sarode to brief how to send proposal for Major & Minor Research as well as how to write research papers.
2. International Research Journal of the College:- In an endeavour to promote research a peer reviewed bi-annual research journal "International Journal of Research" was started in 2011 by the college by including eminent researchers and academicians on the editorial board. Several members of our teaching staff and throughout the nation and abroad have been contributing regularly to this journal of repute. The journal has completed five years. The abstract of the papers has been uploaded on the Google scholar.
3. State level Seminar:- A State level Seminar on "Quality Enhancement in Higher Education through NAAC Accreditation" on 14th August 2014
4. State Level Workshop for Non-teaching Staff:- A State level Workshop on Maintenance and Repairing of laboratory equipments for the Laboratory Assistants & Laboratory Attendants from 2nd to 7th February 2015 in collaboration with Western Regional Instrumentation Centre (WRIC), Mumbai was organised by NSS, IQAC and Dept of Sciences.
5. Computer literacy training for teachers:- A five day workshop for Computer learning was organised by the IQAC in coordination with the CS & IT Department for all the teachers of the degree college from 9th to 13th February 2015.
6. Workshop on Research:- A workshop was organised on “Techniques for writing research papers, articles and Ph.D. Proposal” on 11th December 2015.
7. Academic Audit:- The year started with the visit of the Academic Audit team from University of Mumbai on 18th June 2015. A team consisting of one former Vice Chancellor Dr Vijay Padharipande, Mumbai Univ IQAC Director Dr Madhukar and one Principal Dr B S Birajdar. The team went through the presentations of all Departments and a few committees. The committee submitted its report which highlighted some good comments and a few recommendations to fulfil.
8. API Workshop:- A one day workshop on API for College Teachers was organized by the University of Mumbai in Association with Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Rizvi College of A/S/C, DTSS College of Commerce, J M Patel College of Commerce and Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics. This workshop was organized in Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce on 29th August 2015 with IQAC of Rizvi College taking the leading role. The workshop got an overwhelming response despite of being a holiday in most colleges due to Raksha Bandan. Teachers from all over the State from as far as Ratnagiri attended the workshop. More than one hundred and twenty five teachers and IQAC coordinators attended the workshop which included seventeen teachers from our college.
9. ISO 9001: 2008 certification:- The College was also ISO 9001:2008 certified this year. The internal audit was on 10th December 2015 and the external audit was conducted on 14th December 2015 and finally in the exit meeting on the same day the external auditor gave the final Nod for the certification of the college. Dr (Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad the Vice-Principal of the College was appointed the Management Representative for the same.
10. Training to Office Staff:- A ten day training programme sponsored by IQAC was organised for Non- teaching staff for Accounting Package Tally and Excel from 15th October to 30th October 2015 in our Computer Lab. At the end of the course the staffs had to give exam and were given certificates for the same. Students were also trained at a nominal fee. The training was given by Font Computers. This program was conducted in coordination with the Dept of Commerce and Dept of Computer Sceince.
11. E-Learning:- Training for Students mainly from Commerce faculty was organised on 19th November 2015 on E-learning Programme for all subjects, CPT and other Competitive exam. This training programme was conducted in coordination with Goyal Academy (Gold).
12. PAN Card:- To create awareness towards paying proper taxes to the government and make students and staff abide by it. Arrangements to issue PAN Cards at Special PAN Camp were made between 10th February 2015 and 12th February 2015 in coordination with Infrastructure Technology and Services ( a Govt. Of India Company) at a very nominal rate. Sixty two applications were collected during this period.
13. Seminar on NAAC Accreditation:- To train Teaching and Non-teaching staff a Seminar was organised in the college on 01st July 2015entitled “Quality Improvement through for NAAC Accreditation” in the Seminar Room where 105 teaching and non teaching staff attended the same. Dr Dharmadhikari N.S., Former Principal, a member of NAAC (Bangalore) Peer team from Pune was the resource person.
14. Workshop on Quality Enhancement:- A one day workshop was organised on 14th July 2015 for teaching staff entitled “Accreditation Process and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education”. Dr Vijay M Pandharipandey, a Former VC of Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad was the resource person
15. Workshop on Examination Rules:- A workshop was jointly organised by JM Patel College and Rizvi College of Arts, Science and Commerce on “SIMPLIFYING EXAMINATION RULES” on 10th October, 2015 at JM Patel College, Goregaon. Academic Year 2014-15 faced significant modifications in the Examination System employed by the University of Mumbai. Some of the changes are introduction of CBSGS System in 2013-14, scaling down of internal marks, changes in ATKT system etc. 76 took part in the workshop coming from various Colleges affiliated to University of Mumbai. Panel consisted of Shri. Sunil B. Mantri, Dr. M. Z. Farooqui, Dr. Debajit N. Sarkar and Shri. Madhav Rao. Shri. Sunil B. Mantri concentrated on objective of the introduction of CBSGS system. This system introduced 7 point grades, but failed to differentiate the grade between students who scored 70% and 90%. To be more precise, both students scoring 70% and 90% get ‘O’ Grade was highlighted. Dr. M. Z. Farooqui focused on CGPA calculation and its disadvantages. Shri. Madhav Rao focused on changes that could be beneficial for learners.
16. Workshop for IQAC Members:- A workshop on “ Enriching SSR” was jointly organised by Smt. Kapila Khandvala College of Education, L S Raheja College of Arts and Commerce, Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce, J M Patel College of Commerce in Smt. Kapila Khandvala College of Education on 2nd April 2016. The resource person was Dr Shirish Chindhade, Former Principal and a Trained Assessor of NAAC Peer Team. About thirty faculties attended the said workshop which included eight of our IQAC Members.
17. Study Centre of Jamia Milia Islamia:- A tie-up was activated with prestigious institute Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi, a Central University for being the study centre of Distance Mode programme for MA(except Education & HRM), MCom, BA, BBA, BCom, BCom(IBF), CCHNI, CCIT.
18. Tie-up with MIT, New Zealand:- Founded in 1970, Manukau Institute of Technology(MIT) is one of New Zealand’s largest and most prestigious government Institutes of Technology with 16,000 students enrolled per annum and over 1,000 international students studying business, information technology, engineering, maritime and culinary programs. Estero New Zealand Limited played an instrumental role in identifying the opportunity and getting two highly reputed institutions from India (Rizvi College of Arts Science and Commerce) and New Zealand (Manukau Institute of Technology) to join hands and provide students the opportunity to study through a collaborative learning environment. The collaboration between the two institutions makes international education more accessible and affordable for the students.
The MoU was signed by Secretary Rizvi Education Society, Mr. Abis Rizvi (Extreme left in Photograph), Dean of Management Studies MIT, New Zealand Dr John (Extreme right in Photograph) and Mr Kshitij Garg ( In centre) of ESTERO, New Zealand on February 14, 2016.
This collaboration also becomes the first such initiative for the state of Maharashtra. The two institutions from India and New Zealand signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the 23rd February 2016. This agreement will allow Indian sub-continent students to begin their degree studies in India and conclude it in New Zealand. It will give students a unique opportunity to internationalize their degree and add to the global work-force. They will be prepared well in terms of understanding New Zealand culture, New Zealand Study Methodologies, what to expect from the country etc. Apart from this they save on approx. 40% on their study cost and living cost if they had to do the complete 3-year degree from New Zealand. Not to forget, the student gains an international degree recognised around the world, alongside gaining work experience during their final semester in New Zealand. After getting a degree, students will get work permit for one and half year. Once they complete work service he will get Permanent Residence (PR) which will add wings to their careers.
Five Course are introduced for the students, they are
19. Collaboration with IIAI:- Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce has collaborated with Institute of ISO Auditing & Implementation (IIAI) for Business Courses in the Field of ISO for all students of Commerce/ Arts/ Science Stream & Other Streams. The purpose of the course is that the students can become a business entrepreneur or get a job in any industry at management level. Courses offered by IIAI are Diploma & Post Graduation Diploma Courses in
20. Environmental awareness:- With a view to improve the environment, compost pit has been constructed which takes care of garbage disposal of the college.
21. Faculty Development Programs (FDPs) to enhance better teaching and learning:- In order to introduce the new techniques used in teaching and learning a FDP on "Use of various technology tools and technology for handling new curriculum" was organised by IQAC on 2nd July which was attended by thirty teachers. To introduce the various online resources another FDP was organised by IQAC on "Online Resources for teaching learning development and its use" on 14th July 2016 in the Seminar Room. This training was well attended by teachers as well as students.
22. Internal Auditors Training Program:- To check at regularly intervals that our quality management systems are in place, the IQAC conducted a two day “Internal Auditors Training Program”. Mr Madhav Dewoolkaris a very Senior Quality Auditor registered with UK based IRCA for ISO and TQM, GMP, HACCP, PPE, BRC and EMS. & Mrs Aparna Thakkar an expert from the field of Environment, Laboratory and Quality Assessment related services were the resource persons. Twenty seven teaching and non teaching staff attended this program. Sixteen staff successfully qualified this training program and now are certified auditors. We can now organise internal ISO audit at regular intervals with help of these certified auditors.
23. Gender Audit:- Gender Audit was conducted to identify challenges to integrate gender in the mission of societal development and provide opportunities for girl students to enhance their future. This study has helped us to identify and understand aspects hindering the overall betterment of girls and our College strives to provide an environment to help each of our students become achievers and global citizens.
24. Remedial Lectures & Bridge Courses:- Remedial Lectures are arranged for the slow learners. IQAC also motivates teachers to conduct Bridge Courses for the first year students.
The above mentioned achievements would have been possible without the motivation and keen interest of Chairperson of IQAC and Principal Dr M Z Farooqui. We are also thankful to the Management for the support given by them in organising these programs.
Dr ( Mrs.) Anjum Ara Ahmad
One day State Level Seminar on “Quality Enhancement in Higher Education through NAAC Accreditation Process” was organized by Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) on 14th August 2014. Dr. M Z Farooqui, Principal, Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce was the Chairperson and Dr. (Mrs.) Anjum Ara Ahmad, Vice-Principal was the Convenor of the Seminar.
Principal Dr M Z Farooqui welcomed the guest and gave the welcome speech. Dr (Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad, the Coordinator and Vice- Principal briefed the audience about the various activities of IQAC in Rizvi College. Dr M A Khan the Registrar of University of Mumbai, was supposed to give the Keynote Address but could not make it due to some sudden preoccupations at the University. Dr Sarkar, the Principal of J M Patel College gave the keynote address. He spoke on “Quality Enhancement in Higher Education through NAAC Accreditation Process”. He pointed out the Role of NAAC in Higher Education and spoke on the Five Main Objectives of NAAC.
The First Technical Session was taken by Dr. M R Krupe, Former Principal of Vaze College of Arts, Science & Commerce and Pioneer in NAAC Accreditation. A Detailed discussion on the Key Aspects and their weightages as per the New Manual given by NAAC was presented by him. He explained all the Key Aspects of the Seven Criterions and suggested how the IQAC should handle them. His speech was very specific, to the point and very informative. He gave the assurance to the college that they can take his guidance as and when require.
The Second Technical Session was handled by Dr Shobana Vasudevan, Principal, R A Podar College of Commerce & Economics. Her talk was based on “Importance of Self Study Report (SSR) submitted by the College in NAAC Accreditation”. She gave an extempore talk on importance of the report. She highlighted the precautions to be taken while preparing the SSR report. She also explained in detail how one should go about while making the report.
We got an overwhelming for the Seminar. More than eighty participants from all over the State attended the Seminar. The participants included mainly Vice- Principals and IQAC Coordinators. Principals of Five Colleges were also present in the audience. All participants were given Printed Notes and Handouts of the workshop.
Dr (Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad
Convenor & Vice- Principal
A one day workshop on API for College Teachers was organized by the University of Mumbai in Association with Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Rizvi College of A/S/C, DTSS College of Commerce, J M Patel College of Commerce and Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics. This workshop was organized in Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce on 29th August 2015 with IQAC of Rizvi College taking the leading role.
The workshop got an overwhelming response despite of being a holiday in most colleges due to Raksha Bandan. Teachers from all over the State from as far as Ratnagiri attended the workshop. More than one hundred and twenty five teachers and IQAC coordinators attended the workshop.
The program started with the welcome speech of Dr M Z Farooqui, Principal of Rizvi College of Arts, Science & Commerce. The objective of the program was given by Dr Kurhade, DTSS College of Commerce. The pre- lunch session was divided into two parts (i) A CAS presentation and (ii) guidelines for preparation of documents. The CAS presentation was given Shri. S B Mantri, Principal, Narsee Monjee College Commerce & Economics, who was also the Convenor of the Committee formed to draft the guidelines for CAS. The CAS presentation covered in details all the three categories of the API-PBAS form. The guidelines for preparation of documents for CAS were given by Mrs Yogini Ghare, Deputy Registrar and Dr. D.N.Sarkar, Principal, J M Patel College Commerce also was a Member of the Committee formed to draft the Guidelines for CAS. They explained how the papers should be prepared by the teachers and submitted for promotions under CAS.
The post lunch session was a question-answer session. The Joint Director Nominee, Dr Jagtap also joined the panel in this session. The panel consisted of the Principals of the four colleges, the deputy registrar and the JD nominee. More than sixty questions were taken in this session from the participating teachers. The Vote of thanks was given by Dr ( Mrs) Anjum Ara Ahmad, IQAC Coordenator of Rizvi College. All the participating professors were given formats and the procedures for filling the API- PBAS .The same and many other details given by the resource persons were emailed to them.
Dr Anjum Ara Ahmad
Vice-Principal & IQAC Coordinator